There are two ways.....
Option 2: Log your kilometres manually
1. Log via an App
Your fundraising page includes your personal distance tally, so you can track your distance towards your target.
If you track your fitness activity with Fitbit, MapMyFitness, Garmin or Strava your distances will automatically add to your tally.
- Download the Fitbit, Strava, Garmin or MapMyFitness app and set up your account
- Log in to your Red Socks Run account.
- Under the heading ‘Connect your preferred fitness app’, click your chosen app.
- Follow the prompts to connect your account.
When you’re about to start your next run or walk, select ‘start your workout’ in the app on your phone. Once you end your workout, save your workout and your distance will be published to the tally on your page the following day.
If you have synced your app already but it is not working, please log in and re-connect it.
- Fitbit: You must start an activity and save it. If no activity is logged, then your cumulative activity will sync at the end of the day. If you are having issues, try syncing through BOTH your Fitbit and the Fitbit app on your smartphone.
- MapMyFitness: You must start your workout, stop your workout and then SAVE your workout.
- Strava: You must start your workout, stop your workout and then SAVE your workout.
- Garmin: You must start your workout, stop your workout and then SAVE your workout.
Your tally will be updated each day with the previous day’s distances.
The number of kilometres will now appear on your fundraising page!
2. Log Manually
This is a great option if you're using a pedometer or a different method of tracking your distances.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to your Red Socks Run fundraising page
- Go to 'My Dashboard' and then 'My Fitness Activity'
- Scroll down to 'Add Activity'
- Enter the 'Date' and 'KMs'
- Hit 'Save Changes'
You can add your kms when suits you to track your progress throughout the month.